Fall




I'm pretty stoked about the rain pants/jacket I got him (and boots from Carin - thanks, David, for your enormous feet and growing out of them way early). Not because it allows him to play on a rainy or wet day, but because now that I bought it I feel pretty much required. He loves it. I love it. Love all around.
Now that it is getting into the sub-freezing temperatures, I was starting to search out toys and stuff I should buy him to make indoors more entertaining through the long winter. But that is not it. I just need to make sure we have the right equipment to just keep getting outdoors.
Sweden tidbit: In their daycare and school (government sponsored starting at 18 months) there is almost no such thing as a "rainy day schedule" or "snow schedule". They all have to have their special snowsuits, boots, etc. at the school at all times and the kids HAVE to go outside to play, almost no matter what. Last year was a rather harsh winter, even for Sweden, and I guess there was only one day they got to stay inside. According to a kid I talked to. I love that mentality.
Now I am just rambling, but when Michael was an infant and not sleeping well, a neighbor gave me the hint to bundle him up and sleep him out on the balcony for naps. All through the winter. This is what they did at the daycare her son went to and she said they slept wonderfully.
I love learning random things like that from them.

Brittany  – (10:46 AM)  

Lorena, Michael looks just like you in those first couple pictures. Such a darling boy! I can't believe it's already that cold there. But, I suppose it is almost November. It's still in the 70s and 80s here and sometimes I wish it would cool down a little more.

Amy Lovell  – (11:21 AM)  

I can't believe it's been a year since I was last out there. Michael was just a newborn, and now he's getting so big. I'm still crossing my fingers that will be out there in March. So far, things look promising.

RachelAA  – (11:40 AM)  

Fabulous pictures and fabulous mentality!!! That's so cool!!!

Sara  – (10:35 PM)  

SO funny to hear about their mentality - we've heard a lot of the same things here (minus the sleeping babies outside). The school policy is very similar - kids are expected to come bundled up (even Max's preschool) and they will go outside. Neighbors told me they only cancel school here if it's a frostbite issue (-40 windchill a couple years ago was too cold for kids to be out at the bus stop!). Anyway, I feel like I'm in the clothing hunt right now - trying to make sure I have all the warm stuff for the kiddos...we're not quite Sweedish winter, but close...

Dana Broderick  – (3:49 PM)  

I loved learning random things like that in England too! Yes, I think you are have to be like we were in Alaska and make peace with winter. Sounds like they have there. i can't believe they had the baby sleep outside!! Anyway, Michael is adorable in his outfit! And i love all the leaves!! We miss that in the dessert.

Carin  – (7:52 AM)  

Heeeeey! They're not THAT big.... ha ha of course, you are right, they're HUGE!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP