2006 Year in Review
Well, it looks like I am too much of a technological neophyte (Rob gave me that word because I don't know how to spell imbecile...maybe this word applies to more than just my aptitude with technology) to properly send email attachments on my belated Christmas email letter, so I've decided to start a blog instead. I guess that is what all the cool kids are doing these days, so Rob and I are just trying to fit in. Are we cool and tech savvy yet?
So, since this is my first post, and this is the end of the year, I'll start with a quick review of the year's ups and downs.
1. Rob tears his achilles tendon playing basketball. Garrett bets him $50 bucks to get a pink cast to wear after his surgery to graduation ceremonies. Look who won. Another silver lining: handicap parking for half a year. Rob was the most popular person to carpool with, ESPECIALLY to Dodger games.
2. Rob graduates Pepperdine Law School...Phew!
3. Lorena has some great bike races, winning a three stage road race and some cross country mountain bike races. She finally reaches a longtime goal of becoming a pro mtn biker. The week before her first race with her new team...
4. Lorena goes out for one of her favorite bike rides along Pacific Coast Hwy and gets hit from behind by a car. She spent three days in the hospital and the rest of the summer rehabing. (Rob and I were quite the sight at the hospital since he was still in his cast.)
5. Rob and his friends decide to have a mustache growing contest. Guess who lost? Guess who laughed hysterically every time he came in the door?
6. This summer we had to leave all of our wonderful friends and family in California as we moved to DC. Sad! We still miss our fun friends from Pepperdine, the Pacific Palisades ward, On Your Left (best biking group ever!), my old high school friends, and what little family was left in CA. On the up side, I had a great time staying at the Vincents and Feingold's houses over the summer before I finished teaching and joined Rob in DC. Rob loves his new job with the State Dept. and I love teaching at a school only minutes away from our new place.
7. Rob passed the bar!!! YEEHA!!! Now, if only we can pay off law school....
8.Fun weekend vacation to New York with Dayna and Garrett Snow.
9. Rob's sister Brittany invited us to the White House for a special Christmas tour.
10. Best vacation ever to Puerto Rico.