Biggie got The Memo about Mother's Day!!!

It's a Mother's Day miracle.
All I wanted for Mother's Day was to sleep in a little bit, and somehow, Michael got the memo.
6:38 am!!!
Hey, it's all relative. He's been waking up between 4:58 and 5:52 (the exact time you see on the clock really gets etched into your mind when you are forced out of bed this early) for the last couple weeks, so 6:38 was pretty big.

But wait! There's more!

Then, as we were staring out the window together (another trick that soothes him), we had a magical moment as a mother and baby deer walked right by us through our yard and stopped to graze together in our foliage.

Then when we went to church, I didn't have to take him out ONE SINGLE TIME! He was so good, in fact, that I listened to every single speaker and actually got something out of it.

Then he ate by far the most he has ever eaten, without even requiring me to employ any trickery (like, Here! Play with this toy! Then as soon as he opens for the toy shove my spoon in.)

Also, today he gave me a happiness-to-whining ratio that is off the charts high for this boy.

But wait! I haven't even gotten to the best part yet.
Drumroll please....

HE SAID MOM TODAY!!!
And MAMA and MA'AM and mmmmmmmmm and muhbah and all sorts of other jibberish, but he clearly said mom and mama several times. He has never even made the "m" sound before today.

The bottom line is this:
My son, who is still only 7 months old, made my Mother's Day feel like something that could qualify for one of those tiny little Hallmark books that are way over-priced and no one really reads even though they seem like a cute token gift.

Finally, to my mom and mother-in-law: here is a little video of Michael that I put together for you. I know it is a little self-serving, but I hope you both like it too! (Since putting this together a couple weeks ago, he has learned to crawl...so I guess that means I need to make another one soon.)

CK  – (7:14 PM)  

Happy Mother's Day Lo! Biggie is sooooo cute. Glad he got the memo!

Xoxo Grandma  – (9:06 PM)  

Wow, so glad Michael treated you to a good first Mother's Day! I loved the video too...keep them coming.

Amy  – (9:08 PM)  

Yay, happy Mother's Day!!! I'm so happy little michael made today so special for you, that's the way mother's day's ought to be.

Lisa  – (9:23 PM)  

Is that the sitinkin cutest boy ever??? yes !!! I just want to eat him up !! Happy first Mother's day

Anna  – (1:52 PM)  

Wow, I'm going to have to watch this clip at least four times in a row.

KellySummer  – (3:34 PM)  

Lo, that is so cute!! Ollie didn't get the memo quite as well as biggie, but he did take enough naps that i got to plays sims for the first time since he was born. :)

Anna  – (5:30 PM)  

I can't stop watching it! It's so amazing to see you as a mom!!!

Brittany  – (9:37 PM)  

I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months! Michael looks like such a character!

d  – (4:34 PM)  

Such a sweetie- look at his mad worm dance skills!!! Love the finger shadow torture too. You look great and I hope that Rob has learned to spoil you just as much as Biggie did!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP