The Frog and The Butterfly

This butterfly was hard to catch still on camera...almost all pictures were blurry.
The International School here put on a pretty awesome halloween party on a street where many diplomatic families live. Although it wasn't completely closed off to traffic, costumed kids, adults, music, dancers, and decorated trick-or-trunk cars still ruled about a kilometer long stretch of a street. I think (?) most American embassies abroad have a Halloween party at the offices of the embassy, and while that is fun, it still felt really good to get out and do it American style, outside walking the street with masses of other party-goers.
Kermit and his Pirate friend loved holding hands all weekend she was visiting. Watch out Miss Piggy.

Hi-ho, this is Kermit The Frog.

The butterfly clung to me for dear life all night long, but seemed to love it from the safety of my arms.

After about an hour of trick-or-treating, a tired Kermit actually told us he was ready to go home. A surprise to me, but he has gotten a lot more self-aware lately.

Sharing the loot at home.




Amy Lovell  – (11:19 AM)  

Oh, I love them! I remember when I was in Tanzania over Halloween, I thought it was so fun to have all of the embassy families come in and go trick-or-treating! Nice job on their costumes, they look darling.

Xoxo Grandma  – (1:36 PM)  

Love to my little Kermit & butterfly...Lorena, you do great making costumes.

AJ Candrian  – (12:32 AM)  

Ella's cuteness in that butterfly costume kills me!

d  – (5:23 PM)  

So sweet, and it from the looks of the clothes it like the weather was perfect!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP