What Smalls dragged in

Look what sir Smalls dragged in. Especially appetizing considering I was cooking dinner. I hear him eagerly run in from the patio off the kitchen proclaiming "snail! snail!". He chased me around trying to give it to me. He was quite proud of it and really wanted me to have it. The garden variety snail is quite large here, much bigger than anything I ever encountered growing up in CA.
I have cleaned up all sorts of diapers and other nasty stuff since giving birth, but I must say that cleaning slimy snail scraps off his fingers and fingernails has been the most repulsive of all. Just fyi, snail gut scraps do not simply rinse off.
In addition, pregnancy and having a young child makes me disturbingly empathetic to all creatures, and I've thought way too much about the fate of that poor snail.

AJ Candrian  – (6:11 PM)  

Snips and SNAILS and puppy dog tails... That's what little boys are made of. :)

Did you kill it, or return it to it's natural environment outside the kitchen porch?

RachelAA  – (6:33 PM)  

HOLY COW - gigantic!

jena wise  – (7:12 PM)  

I can relate! We have a snail and roly poly collection right now :). That is, however, the biggest snail I've ever seen...

KellySummer  – (8:24 PM)  

Lo, i still haven't posted this on my blog cause i've been a slacker, but I too am pregnant again. Our #2 kids will be the same age like our #1 kids. :) fun! If we ever live in the same world at least...

Sometime we should chat again but I don't remember how to do that. calling internationally scares me. :)

Amy Lovell  – (10:55 PM)  

I love what Andrea wrote, so I'll leave it at that...actually, I'll add that I'm not pregnant, but I still feel bad for bugs I kill, mice Tobias demolishes, and my little frogs that I accidentally killed. I don't think I can ever have another pet after Tobias, I feel too bad for animals and bugs, even if they're ones I don't like and want dead. Doesn't make sense, but it's true.

Xoxo Grandma  – (3:10 PM)  

Wow, that is bigger than the ones in Portland! Why is it boys love gross things?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP