2010 Favorites

I don't think the first two actually came out in 2010, it just happened to be the year I discovered them.

Favorite Movie - Son of Rambow - Best movie I'd never heard of till I saw it. One of my favs ever maybe. I'd never even heard of it and watched on a fluke on DVR. Wasn't at all what I thought I was getting based on the title.

Favorite Book - The Hunger Games - Once I got to the heart of the story, it was really obnoxious to put down until I was done.

Favorite Music - To The Sea, by Jack Johnson - Love it when I get an album and every single song makes me happy.  

----------------------

I feel so out of the loop sometimes way out here in Sweden and have missed so many good books, movies and music during my years here. I need some new stuff and want your recommendations! Even if it hasn't come out recently, give me a good book, movie, music, whatever. But yes, I have heard of Avatar, even out here it was hyped to the ridiculous proportion that it actually hit my radar. Thanks!

Here is a great picture of Smalls, for your viewing pleasure. He was trying soooooooooooo hard to make it; you should have heard his grunts.

Amy Lovell  – (9:51 AM)  

Have you read 'The Help' yet? I'm sure my mom had mention that one to you, it's really good. I'll try to think of some more for you...

Andrea J  – (11:55 AM)  

I just finished reading Crossing to Safety and I really liked it. As far as movies go, I'm so lame. I have seen Inception, everybody but me has seen Facebook, and I liked Tangled.

Xoxo Grandma  – (12:15 PM)  

I'll bring you some new books when we meet up in March. Let me know what you want...If you haven't read "The Help" ask Amy to send it to you. It's been passed around and it is very good. The day after Christmas, I finished "The Distant Hours" by Kate Morton. Maybe Andrea could send you that one when she's finished reading it.

Sara  – (1:57 PM)  

I was going to mention 'The Help' too. It's a good read. Some other ones I've read recently - 'The Glass Castle' and 'Little Bee'.

Sara  – (1:58 PM)  

Oh, and I just finished one that my parents sent me for Christmas. 'Divine Signatures' (a church book). I enjoyed it too.

tiffanybaer  – (11:03 AM)  

I was going to say The Help too, so it sounds like that is a winner. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society is delightful...a quick read though so it's sad when it ends. Also, Unbroken is an incredible book. Written by the author of Seabiscuit it's the story of an Olympic runner who is a POW in a Japanese camp. Loved the song "Christmas Lights" by Coldplay. Loved Tangled, Inception, heard True Grit is awesome.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP