I don't like to jog.

So I am trying to train for a triathlon in September. It's Olympic distance, which means a 1.5km swim, a 40km bike, and a 10km jog. Every time I talk to someone about doing a tri (yeah, thats what you call it if you are hard-core like I am), they usually talk about how much they either hate the swim or the bike portions. So I guess I am in the minority 0.0001% of people who hate the jogging portion. I've been swimming at the gym since the beginning of the year and I really like that part. The biking isn't bad either. But jogging. I seriously don't know how to jog. I know how to sprint, but I can't seem to find a jogging rhythm, so my jogs usually end up being 5-10 mins shorter then I plan because I can't stick to a pace, and by the time I get to the half-way mark of my run, I am so sick of it that I run faster on the way home (and totally exhaust myself) just to get the stupid thing over with. I can (sorta) last 90 minutes during a soccer game, but that is sprinting, jogging, stopping, etc. I don't know how I am going to run a 10km. Pitiful, I know.

Andrea J  – (10:13 PM)  

I'm with you. The jog (I hear for some it's a run) is definitely the worst leg. Good luck, I did a tri once and will do another sometime in the near future - they're awesome.

Mike  – (11:34 PM)  

Tri's suck. Stick to just cycling. Right Lorena?

Lorena  – (11:49 AM)  

Yeah, Rob, why won't you call it a run? A jog sounds like something old people do, and you haven't even hit 30 yet. Maybe the first step in your path to running better is calling it a run. Triathletes accross the globe are shaking their heads.

mike joos  – (2:22 PM)  

Maybe play some techno @ half speed (to get used to the slower rhythm) and tie your legs together with string or something to force yourself to do shorter strides and maybe carry a bag of rocks to slow your pace a bit more.

Amy Lovell  – (7:34 PM)  

maybe you could come running with your little sister...I'll gladly help you run a 10K!! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP