SNOW?

Lorena's phone rang at 6:00 am this morning. It was her school calling to say that school had been cancelled in anticipation of snow! What?!? I mean it ended up snowing, but maybe three to four inches. Not enough to cancel school (in my never humble opinion). In fact just about every school around here ended up being canceled or closing early.

For those of you that think people in Washington are out of touch with reality, maybe they are. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for snow days. But three, maybe four inches? Growing up on the mean streets of the SLC I think we had school cancelled twice. And I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think Salt Lake gets more snow then D.C. Anyway, unfortunately the Federal Govt. didn't shut down merely on the threat of snow, but they did let us go home about an hour early, because the "roads might be dangerous." Rumor has it we will be able to go to work late tomorrow to allow for the roads to de-ice or something. This kind of reminds me of Los Angeles when it rains. Everyone freaks out, no one knows how to drive, and no one knows what to do. The funny thing is that it happens every year. You think they would figure it out sometime.

RachelAA  – (7:02 PM)  

I have the same complaint about LA!

Amy  – (2:11 PM)  

ha, snow days, what a joke! Then you just have to make them up on a holiday you would have had off.

Lorena  – (10:39 AM)  

No...we don't even have to make the days up. Unless it gets to be an outrageous amount, like a couple weeks worth or something.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP