Unexpected

Last night I went for a run. All day had been heavy storms, the kind where wind knocks over trees, streets flood, street lights are out, power goes on and off, and the rain pelts. It is reported to be the worst storm here in decades. But my parents are here to play with the kids, so I can run solo. So why not? I ran along the boardwalk and the sea was all in a major tempest. The winds made me run in place one minute and fly the next, the rain came and went, came and went, and *shocker* I didn't see another soul outside for six miles. Until the very tail end along the boardwalk. I saw a tall, lean, athletic looking runner coming toward me along the deserted beach. It felt like he was the only other soul on the earth. I sensed a kindred spirit in this stranger. I contemplated what brief comment or action (high-five?) to make to him as we were about to cross paths. And then he said hello and grabbed me! And then I realized it was Rob! I thought he was still at work! And there he was, my tall, lean, athletic stranger, the only person in sight for miles around, the kindred spirit crazy enough to be out running on the stormiest day in decades, grabbing me unexpectedly while the sea raged in the background.
I thought it felt like something from a romance movie.
He was happy to run into me and have my company on his run, but not blown away by the romance of it like me. I guess he didn't have the element of the unexpected like I did, since he figured he might run in to me. And he is a guy. But it was amazing, I swear. I love that we are so alike.

Xoxo Grandma  – (11:13 AM)  

So sweet! I want more tales.

RachelAA  – (4:35 PM)  

Uh, yeah, that's pretty darn cute!

Rachelle  – (3:19 PM)  

I love it! Too sweet!

Amy Lovell  – (10:13 PM)  

I only wish this would happen to me, John hates running, no matter how hard I try to get him to love it, he hates it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP