Indiana Jones Date

We went to visit our friends in Jordan over the long weekend. With the help of them and their nanny we got to go explore Petra for a day child-free. Petra is where the last scenes in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade took place and I can see why this was the perfect place for an adventure film. It was spectacular!


"The Treasury" - over 2000 years old


The Amphitheater


"The Monastery" - lies high up on the mountain. We hiked, but there were many Bedouins with teams of donkeys eager to sell us a ride.


For true perspective on the size of this structure, check out that man at the entry. It looks like a simple entry, but at the base is a head-high wall that must be scaled to get in.

Xoxo Grandma  – (6:07 PM)  

Wow, no wonder you didn't call us this past weekend. I'm surprised Rob didn't dress-up like Indiana...he use to when he was little, besides Luke Skywalker and Batman...he was one of Rob's favorite charaters.

Sara  – (9:37 PM)  

Seriously amazing!!!!

Amy Lovell  – (12:26 AM)  

So, sometimes I forget you guys are living there living there, and not just doing a study abroad at BYU-Jerusalem.

Brittany  – (12:39 PM)  

Umm, wow is all I have to say. That is awesome and I am so jealous. I've always wanted to go there. At least ever since I saw Indiana Jones.

AJ Candrian  – (12:54 PM)  

Wow... that is incredible! You guys are living the life!

Unknown  – (12:10 AM)  

I'm super jealous. I've wanted to go there forever!

Davis Doings  – (7:09 PM)  

Wow! That is amazing! The color of the rock reminds me of Southern Utah. You guys get to see the coolest things!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP