Pregnancy Fun Facts
Okay, Rachelle and Lisa, here is the belly post you two have been relentless after.
Some fun facts:
*Firs
t photo: my belly five and a half months.(Sorry my camera is messed up! I think the blurriness makes it look like I put moose in my hair like girls did in 1992.)

  • *Second photo: my belly just two short months ago. No one actually requested this one but I like looking at it and remembering. It reminds me that I might feel light and springy on my toes again at some point.
  • *weight gain: 16 lbs.
  • *pregnancy symptom at this moment: acid reflux...the burning in the throat and chest...the regurgitation of food (swallowing just doesn't do the trick like it used to)...oh, such fun.
  • *how often I wake up in the middle of the night to eat cereal (or on those extra special nights, tacos/mexican food): 3 - 4 times/week.
  • *Week 20: the first time Rob felt the baby move. I got his hand on my belly at just the right moment.
  • *I can now: visibly see my belly twitter when the baby is really active. It's usually fun, and even sometimes when the kicking is a little obnoxious (like when I am trying to sleep) it still makes me glad to know my little critter is growing strong.
  • *Exercise: generally about 8 hours/week. (For any nay-sayers, it's not only half the volume but also less intensity from what I used to do, I listen to my body, and I listen to my doctor!) I currently mix biking, running, tennis, and a little strength work into my week (low weight, high reps). It usually feels GREAT. Especially during my first trimester it was the one time of day I could find relief from feeling nauseous and listless. A lot of times I wasn't in the mood, but I know myself well enough to know how good it would feel once I got going, and I was right. I've learned so much about all the awesome benefits of exercise for a both the pregnant woman AND her baby from this awesome book called Exercising Through Your Pregnancy - I highly recommend it. There are a lot of misconceptions out there that this book helps debunk - especially the one about keeping your HR under 140 bpm.
  • *Energy level: high again - yay! I used to feel so drained all the time.
  • *Birth plan: natural. I've talked to enough women to feel confident that a natural birth is the option that fits me best (hopefully no complications!). I'm still curious to talk to someone who has had a water birth (anyone out there???). That's still one option out there I'd like to learn more about. I doubt I'll go that path, but I am curious.
  • *Proof of my ignorance about childbirth: I am actually kind of looking forward to it in a strange sort of way. I am fully aware that it is going to hurt beyond belief, but I'm just so curious. And eager for my baby.
  • *Biggie Smalls: the nickname Rob has already started using for our boy. Inspired by a Notorious BIG song.
  • *Mr. C: the nickname I like to use. Rob thinks it's ridiculous (isn't that the whole point of a good nickname? Makes you laugh.) It's from the initials MRC of the baby's actual name.
  • *Things Rob and I have bought so far for the baby: only two things - a stroller/carseat thingy, and a carrier that converts for running/biking/xc skiing. I guess this says something about us. We're probably a bit ignorant, but we like to picture ourselves out and about a lot with Biggie Smalls.
  • *What makes me go gaga: baby clothes. I've already gotten some from some family and friends. SO cute!

Erin S  – (1:40 AM)  

Yay for you choosing to go natural! That's awesome! Hopefully he won't be a big baby like Rob was and you can push him out okay!

d  – (6:53 AM)  

hot mama, love your gelled hairstyle!

Amy Lovell  – (7:57 AM)  

You two are going to make fabulous parents to Biggie Smalls.

Brittany  – (8:58 AM)  

Thanks again for coming this weekend. Brian and I had a great time playing tennis! We played again last night -- I vow to be better the next time we play!

Lisa  – (10:10 AM)  

You look perfect..A heathly baby and a healthy mom is the right way to deliver... Im sure you will be fine...Was that gel Right Rain or Studio looks. ( man you did pop out fast lol)

Jaclyn  – (11:27 AM)  

Hi Lorena! You look great! I have had an epidural, and unwillingly gone natural. It was not as bad as I had imagined and you will be a champ! Biggie Smalls will be perfect no matter how he enters! :)

I just wanted to leave you a note to pass along this blog to you: http://www.slightlycrunchymama.blogspot.com/
This is an LDS friend from college that recently had a baby at home in a portable tub. She is really descriptive on her blog and has quite a few links. She is a great person to boot! Good Luck!

Sara  – (3:19 PM)  

You've already heard what a fan I am with exercise and pregnancy - and you look great! So glad to hear that you feel great (for the most part) too! Enjoy it - it'll be over before you know it!!

Dana Broderick  – (4:07 PM)  

That was really fun to read Lo! I can't wait until biggie smalls makes it here too! he's going to be a stud!

I had Tori in the water. It was interesting...I wasn't planning on a water birth. She was a natural birth too. I'm sure you remember the story. It was painful but you have endured more pain biking than I ever have so you'll probably think it's a piece of cake! :)

BTW you look so great!!!!!! I love your little basketball in front. :)

Rachelle  – (11:54 AM)  

1. I am glad to see you switched from Aquanet to gel.
2. You look so cute pregnant! That ball in the front is proof it's a boy!
3. Good job on keeping up the fitness! I'm not surprised, but it's good see!
4. You guys are going to be fun parents!

K-country  – (7:33 PM)  

Love the Biggie Smalls baby belly.So cute!

kate e flore  – (1:46 PM)  

You are the hottest mama I know - especially with that 80's hair - um, something about mary? Can't wait to see you this weekend.

RachelAA  – (8:57 PM)  

I love this post! You look fabulous, you will NOT regret all your hard work keeping in shape. I don't doubt it will pay off in so many ways! Enjoy the energy while it lasts!!!! And lastly, does natural mean no epidural?

Drew Turk  – (7:24 PM)  

its been sooo long since I've been on your blog...in case I haven't already, congratulations on your baby. We had a neighbour in Park City who was a competitive racer and she was 8 months and still riding. couldn't believe it. keep it up.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP