Bun in the Oven
Yes, it's true. Rob and I finally grew up enough to decide to have a kid. And I finally made it to my second trimester. FINALLY!!! The last couple months really stunk, but now that I have made it past feeling miserable all of the time (now it is just some of the time), I am feeling a lot more excited about this. I didn't think it was right to blog about it earlier when all I could think was "why didn't I hire a surrogate?"

But now I am getting more excited each day. I got to have a sonogram today and saw my baby's heartbeat, saw it kick and wiggle around, wave hello, smile at me, do some jumping jacks, flash the peace sign, and mouth the quadratic formula. It was pretty cool to see. Those cryptic sonogram pictures that always just looked like boring random blobs or inkblots to me when my friends showed them to me of their kids, are a lot more fascinating now that it is my very own little creature.

I've had so many thoughts flying around in my head since becoming pregnant. My whole life is about to change, and a lot of it already has. Not being able to race this year has been an obvious big lifestyle change for me already, and I can't train the same either. My doctor has been pretty understanding of my athletic addiction and I can still do a lot, but she still set some limits. And now that I am in my second trimester I'm supposed to give up my Saturday basketball games as well. Boooo. I contemplate often about where I will be at life this time next year. I know what my hopes are, but I am so uncertain about what the reality of life will be like once I actually have a child. I know that sports and competition (and specifically bike racing the last few years) are my life-blood, and it will be interesting to see to what degree I will be able to/want to pursue such individualistic endeavors once I have my own flesh-and-blood as my number one concern. Questions, questions. One thing I know is that Rob and I are both so happy for this - we waited until the time was right for us, and we're so excited for this new adventure.
...and also scared to death.

Andrea J  – (11:42 PM)  

rather exciting
I had no idea, which is weird because I see you all the time. Well, it's still weird. Congrats on getting knocked up, it's a great adventure you're embarking on, you'll be great. That's one lucky baby.

RachelAA  – (12:56 AM)  

I am so excited for you guys and I think your child is so very lucky!!

Taylor Family  – (1:07 AM)  

Congratulations you guys, that is so exciting!!! More little second cousins for my kids to play with:) Good luck on this exciting adventure...life will never be the same again (in a good way:))

McLove  – (1:45 AM)  

Woohoo. I had a feeling that you might be when I saw you had updated your blog Weird huh? So very exciting!!! Trust me that it will all be worth giving up your sports for now. Well worth it. You two will be awesome parents. Congrats on making it through the first trimester, that is the hardest part!

JAA  – (6:38 AM)  

Lorena and Rob

....congrats.....you'll love it ...

Jeff

Amy Lovell  – (10:33 AM)  

Yay...I FINALLY get to be an aunt. Just remember, I can quit my job anytime to come be a nanny in Sweden...and I suggest you take me up on that offer before I get married and have my own brats running around! :) Just saying.

Candria  – (10:39 AM)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Babies are wonderful! I'm so excited for you!!! Are you going to find out what it is?

ryan and becca  – (12:52 PM)  

Lorena, I heart your deep thoughts. Now you are literally one craaaaazy mutha.
Also, remember when I was pregnant and we were on the phone (you probably don't) you told me that you had heard that women get stupider when they have babies; get ready (sinister laugh:)

Sara  – (1:13 PM)  

I'm so excited for you guys! You'll be awesome parents!!!

Erin S  – (3:35 PM)  

Yay! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. Sleep as much as possible as you can right now to make up for the lack of sleep to come in the near future. I hope you are feeling good! YAY!!!!!!

AJ Candrian  – (9:32 PM)  

I already call dibs on being the "favorite aunt." I know, it's a title you're supposed to "earn"... but this one is mine. I can feel it. :)

Lisa  – (10:33 PM)  

Yay !!! A new cousins for Abby.. Good Luck!! You will be fab. Oh and the parenting "theories" you keep that thought !!hahahah They all fly out the window The best thing is just to love em

Chickin  – (11:56 AM)  

Woo-hoo. Just now catching up on my blog reading and came across the good new. Congrats to you both!

Rachelle  – (12:21 PM)  

Seriously, it's the best news I've heard all year. Hooray for tax write offs! I can't wait to meet you wee one. You're in for the best time of your life.

Hans and Michelle  – (6:02 PM)  

Coming from another exercise addict, you will most likely be just as into it after the baby. I am. And when they are really little they have no clue that they are being taken around all over the place in a jogging stroller or bike seat. Just can't be as daring. Not while they are there anyway. I'm excited for you. It's a good change.

bonny with a Y  – (12:45 AM)  

congratualtions! and I do hope you start to feel better. pregnancy can be enjoyable.

Whitney V  – (2:14 AM)  

CONGRATULATIONS! Yay! You're going to raise the cutest, sportiest little one. We miss you guys - but are so happy to hear your news.

Melissa  – (11:27 PM)  

You are going to be a wonderful mom! I am so excited for you to start this adventure. I am jealous of you guys in Hawaii this week. I hope you are having a blast!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP