Conversations with Smalls

Today's conversation with Michael:

Mom, I don't like your uterus.
Why not?
Because that is where the baby is growing.
And why don't you like that?
Because, babies take a lot of time and work, you know?

Yesterday:
Michael: Ella, will you tell me the story again about the umbilical cord?
Ella: Sure. Once upon a time, there was a little baby Michael and he had an umbilical cord. Then he had to get a shot and he cried and he cried. Then he grew and he grew into his normal.

I think we've been watching one too many videos from babycenter.com. I showed them one once (it's computer graphics of a baby in the womb at different stages of development), and they have begged for more and more. My kids are fascinated by them and it cracks me up to now hear them referencing my uterus, placenta, and the umbilical cord. Nearly everyday Michael examines my belly and announces, yep, it's growing.

The videos have given my kids an unrealistic view of what can be filmed, however.  Michael has also made requests for a video of the baby coming down from heaven and going into my belly, as well as a look inside of a cocoon to see how it turns into a butterfly.

I am overjoyed about having baby #3! But I will definitely feel more overjoyed again once it feels more like a baby and less like a parasite making me sick all the time.

The top two reasons I am excited for another child:
I was taking some pictures of something else when Ella grabbed the magnifying glass and walked up to the camera just like this. Too perfect!

Copy cat picture with the other cutie.

AJ Candrian  – (4:29 PM)  

Wow... they probably know more about the human anatomy than I do. :) Can't wait to see those cute little rugrats in a few weeks! Hope you feel better soon!

Xoxo Grandma  – (4:34 PM)  

I read this & laughed, what intelligent children. #3 reason, your children will get a couple of months of both sets of grandparents loving them!

Sara  – (2:24 PM)  

That is too funny! Love it! We're so excited for you guys!!

Erin S  – (11:15 PM)  

Congrats! Your kids are so cute and funny that's for sure!

Amy Lovell  – (8:18 PM)  

Their smartness kills me. All the more reason to have lots more!

Staloch Family  – (7:50 PM)  

Yay! Congratulations to everyone! So exciting :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP