The News:

My random thoughts from the news today (and because, since Lorena hasn't raced for a while, we don't get as many posts as we used to!)

1. I hate, hate, hate, hate, fake apologies, whether it is by athletes or politicians. One day I want someone to just say, "I'm sorry I got caught, but that's about it." A-Rod: you are a big, fat, huge liar. You aren't sorry you took steroids, you are only sorry you got caught. Just say it, and I would respect you a lot more. At least my man Barry hasn't issued a stupid, disingenuous apology. He was just taking flax seed oil, so no need to apologize for that anyway :)

2. There are reasons that we all don't own Chimpanzees. I mean, if we could train them to do really cool tasks, and IT WAS SAFE, we would all have a chimp wearing a tuxedo and acting as a butler. But they AREN'T SAFE. They are APES! I do feel bad for the lady who was attacked, but are you kidding me? There was an ape in the house! And you were serving your Chimp wine and xanax? If you need to get your chimp drunk and sedate him for the party, that might be a clue that something is not right here. Not to mention that the Chimp was (I say was since, he has now sadly departed us) only 14, so he is under the legal drinking age. The lesson here, don't serve alcohol to minors.

3. I am 100% against the new government bail-out, but I do find it comical that the Republican party (a party which voted for the initial bail-out back in the Fall) now thinks that it is against its' parties ideals to vote for the bill. Why didn't you vote against the first one? You don't just get to ignore your principles the first time, and then claim them the second time. That makes you a hypocrite. I know the second bill was insanely ginormous, but its still the same thing. Giving government money away to try and "stimulate the economy." Stupid. If Republicans are wondering why they lost the last election and are losing popularity (among many, many reasons, but I think this is a big one) is the fact that they were supposed to be for small government, but instead government grew ALOT during the Bush years. And then they vote for one bail-out, but not another. Way to take a principled stand. At least the Democrats are acting as we would expect Democrats to act once they take office.

4. In case any of you failed to watch the U.S. - Mexico game, all I have to say is "dos a cero."

Brittany  – (9:41 AM)  

Ok, ok, so I do think it's a bit hypocritical that the GOP voted for the first bailout and not the second "stimulus" BUT in their defense, do you even know what's in this new bill? It's not even a stimulus plan. At least the last bill was supposed to help the banks so Americans could still get loans (emphasis on "supposed to"). This bill does absolutely nothing to help average Americans AND it is filled with all sorts of health care provisions that basically lays the framework for socialized medicine. Our country is going downhill.

turbofishy  – (3:55 PM)  

Sadly, I agree with Brittany.

turbofishy  – (3:56 PM)  

But yes, lol you shouldn't serve alcohol to minors...and yes! It would be great if people would stop making excuses!

Lisa  – (7:51 PM)  

You know we Texans might just excuss ourself from this "whole" mess.. lol
PS: Dont let drunk Apes drive

AJ Candrian  – (12:12 AM)  

I'd also like to comment on item #3. The Republicans voted for the first stimulus bill (which is not the same as the bailout bill) because they knew something needed to be done and thought it might work to improve the faltering economy. But it did not work. So, when stimulus #2 rolled around, they knew better than to vote twice for something that they knew would be exactly the same as the first... and NOT work again. I think it makes perfect sense why they didn't vote for it.

Rob  – (7:59 AM)  

Just an amendment, but I don't think they should have voted for the second one, it was worse then the first, but the first was stupid too, and everyone knew it.

Joshua and Joy  – (11:57 AM)  

When I was younger I wanted to train chimpanzees. And I wanted one too...but then I found out how much work they are and like any trained animal, they are animals and someday they can all go crazy. --And about the stimulus plan...it upsets me so much to think about where the money will be going.

Scott  – (2:09 PM)  

Back in our freshman year at Rigby Hall, Rob made me his butler and many people mistook me for a monkey butler. Thanks for bringing back the painful memories.

Candria  – (5:24 PM)  

Hey Rob! Thanks for the comment! Your blog and your sisters' are all hilarious. Thanks for the smiles!

d  – (6:39 AM)  

Alright- I think that YOU may be on roids with all the anger I am sensing. Just say you are sorry.

Erin S  – (2:51 PM)  

I am just patiently waiting until 2032 when you become President and fix everything!!! Please make a law that stupid people can't have kids......or chimps for that matter.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP