Roaches

Does this count as serendipity? Today I found a cockroach lying dead in the dustpan! Short of crawling into the trashcan to die, you don't get any more convenient than that.** This is the second time I have found one dead in the dustpan. Strange and totally helpful of them.

Last week Rob picked up his huge stand up paddle surf board, and at the very moment he was completely loaded, a giant 2 inch roach ran up his arm! He couldn't do anything! Luckily (???) after it ran up his arm it flew away before attacking his head and forcing him to die or drop the board.

I used to find it incredibly difficult to kill roaches due to the "crunch factor". But I have invented a genius technique that involves plugging both ears as I bring down my foot. It's like it never happened.

Cleaning up dead roaches is a daily occurrence around here in the warm months. When we haven't used the guest bathroom tub (in the basement) for a month or longer, when I do finally go in the tub has a near-complete layer of dead bugs littering the bottom. Welcome visitors!

I have seen, more than once, roaches run across the food on the conveyor belt at the check out in the grocery store. (Also a lot of birds live in the fresh produce section of my store. They are kind to all living creatures in this store, apparently.)

Who knew I'd ever have so much to say about roaches.

**After Rob read this he told me that last night he got a soccer ball out of an unused trashcan in the basement, and inside it were several dead roaches. Such cooperative roaches we breed in our house!

Brittany  – (9:31 AM)  

Ick. We've got ants galore down South in the summertime. We can't leave a single crumb on the floor or we'll have hundreds invading our kitchen. I guess the plus side is that it forces me to be super on top of housework.

AJ Candrian  – (7:57 AM)  

Oh dear. This is problematic. I don't know that I've ever seen one of those little guys. I have a feeling I'll be seeing a few in September. Lucky me.

Lori  – (12:41 AM)  

I have just got to say I do not miss the cockroaches. I haven't seen one in six months and it is a great blessing in my life.

Amy Lovell  – (12:19 AM)  

Ugh, I know the feeling, we had them ALL over in OKC, and I don't miss them. Not one bit!

Lorain  – (6:27 PM)  

We had roaches & ants in Arkansas & Okinawa. One chased Colton after he ran down the hall and it was there so he jumped over it and they both keeps running the same way. It was so funny.

Lorain  – (6:27 PM)  

We had roaches & ants in Arkansas & Okinawa. One chased Colton after he ran down the hall and it was there so he jumped over it and they both keeps running the same way. It was so funny.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP