Germany

Traveling with a one-year-old can be, uh, interesting. But I think that in the end we had a good enough time to make it worth it....right Rob? Right???
The best parts of the trip were visiting one of Rob's best friends, Cuddy, his wife Nicole and their cute twin babies; checking out the Heidelberg Castle; and all the moments like this -

I won't go in to all the not-so-shining moments, but let's just say we are reconsidering our Thanksgiving and Christmas vacation options. Anyone have any good advice for vacationing with a crazy one-year-old? Where? What? How? And do you actually come home feeling like, ahhhhhhh, that was nice? 

Just outside the Heidelberg Castle




Amy Lovell  – (10:27 AM)  

When did you go to Germany? Wow, I had no idea you guys went there. I've never seen Michael so happy. He's so cute. I miss you guys. You can come to Tennessee for Thanksgiving!?

Andrea J  – (11:57 AM)  

12-18 months is just rough, especially when you're not at home. It'll get easier.

RachelAA  – (12:09 PM)  

It's way tough but doable. The bummer is you have to make a lot of sacrifices on the trip to try to accommodate the kids' schedule so they feel somewhat normal. Good luck with whatever you decide - it's tough for sure!!!

AJ Candrian  – (2:28 PM)  

Wow... I love seeing him laugh like that! That is darling! Had no idea you were going to Germany... but glad you enjoyed it. When can I come visit again?!

bonny with a Y  – (4:40 PM)  

my only advice about traveling with children, is to remember it is a family TRIP, not a vacation. You will return home more tired than when you left. but, the kids love it and you will make some great memories, which along with all we learn, is all we really get to take with us when we leave this earth.

if you want to go on vacation, leave the kids at grandma's. everyone's happier.

KellySummer  – (9:47 PM)  

so cute, lo. i always wonder what exactly goes through their mind when they laugh at things like that. what is it that is so hilarious?

Xoxo Grandma  – (11:34 AM)  

Hard to imagine that Michael wasn't interested in the historical aspects of the castle. It's fun to see how the little things entertain a child. (love, love, love that you caught that moment with him laughing). Children just care about the people they are visiting. Michael probably just wanted to come visit his grandparents...who would have gladly put up with any behavior and adored him and taken him early in the morning and loved him late in the evening.

d  – (7:18 PM)  

SO fun- but so much work. Garrett has said that traveling with the kids is like taking work with you- so true. I don't regret it at all though. Remember taking Cannon to NYC with you guys in a shared room? I had bronchitis/laryngitis and was not very nice? I LOVED that trip, but I had to survive it to realize it. p.s. when you take kids traveling, keep your expectations REALLY low. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! Love you guys! -dayna

Dana Broderick  – (9:53 AM)  

you guys are so cute! I love your photos and it makes me miss Europe!!! Yea, traveling with kids is well...insanely HARD! I remember one time we met a couple that was telling us that they were going on their LDS mission and I didn't want to admit that I was LDS because I was so frustrated with my kids and I yelled at them during the whole flight! (and they were on it.) Anyway, it'll get easier. He is sure a cutie!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP